101 Ways to Love Your Life
When you love your life, everything works. You become happy. There is a skip in your walk, a song in your heart, a shine in your aura, a joy in your being. Others are attracted to you. You find yourself supported by the universe. Success, invariably, becomes easy.
(See Tip #100 below)
Just imagine if the opposite is true.
Life appears bleak and that there is nothing to live for. And you believe that you are right in holding on to the pessimistic view: your life sucks. You have enough evidence to prove that life has little or no meaning. Everything has been a struggle so far.
Obviously, you want to lead a life that is worth living. For one, love makes it worthwhile. It gives life meaning. You become alive. There are many ways to love life. Here are 101 suggestions….
Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit.
– Kahlil Gibran
The following are 101 ways to love your life – fully 🙂
1. Do work that you love. If you spend a big part of your day at work, it is important to do work that you love. Otherwise you will lose out to someone else who will love the same work. When you do work that you love, you increase the chance of success because you are passionate and have greater determination to succeed.
2. Stop self-criticism. When you are no longer attacking yourself, you will experience acceptance even of your faults and imperfections. Ultimately, you learn to love for yourself.
3. Be positive. It is hard to love life if you have a negative attitude. When you adopt a positive attitude, life changes in its meaning for you.
4. Count your blessings. Love your life by counting your blessings. When you count your blessings, you automatically remember that there are lots of things to be thankful about. Start a gratitude journal.
5. Be in touch with nature. It is possible to forget there is more to life than just your office cubicle. Go for a walk, play on the beach, watch the sunset and so on. Being in touch with nature helps you to connect with your soul.
6. Dream. If you no longer allow yourself to dream, you are living a dull existence. Dreaming keeps hope alive.
7. Travel the world. Traveling the world opens up your world. You become aware that there is life beyond the border and that there are many interesting places and people all over the world.
8. Paint. When you paint, life appears to come to a standstill. You are an artist involved in creative work, in the moment of now.
9. Sing. Singing puts you in touch with your soul. You sing in celebration of who you are.
10. Believe in yourself. When you have self-belief, you know that you have what it takes to build a great life for yourself. You are not feeling helpless, hopeless and weak.
11. Do inner work. Stop moping. If there is something that you do not like about yourself, either embrace or change yourself. Have difficulties with handling life’s challenges? Work with me.
12. Volunteer. When you serve humanity by volunteering, you discover purpose. Purpose gives your life meaning. It is also how you can love your life even more! You know that you are making an important contribution to the world.
It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.
– Tony Robbins
13. Find work/life balance. If you are not having work/life balance, chances are you won’t love your life. Find the balance that works well for your well-being.
14. Be curious. Adopt a child-like curiosity towards life. Be willing to go out and explore. You will discover treasures when you open your eyes.
15. Play. It is easy to forget about play when life centers on work, work and work. Introduce some play.
16. Be a lifelong learner. Learning does not stop even though you have graduated from school. A love for learning keeps you inspired, motivated and going.
17. Be open to possibility. Holding on to old ideas stunt your growth. Allow your paradigm to expand with the question: what-if.
18. Make a difference. When you know that your creations can make a difference to someone else’s life, you become alive. You desire to give your very best.
And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
– Abraham Lincoln
19. Demonstrate courage. Overcome your fears with courage. You discover that you have great inner strength to meet the vagaries of life. Be bold!
20. Address your self-love issues. It is hard to love life if you do not love yourself, to begin with. Learn to love yourself unconditionally and fully. Check out my book Self-Love Secrets >>>
21. Address your self-esteem issues. When you are feeling worthless, you are in the trap of “I am not good enough”. Address your self-esteem issues and you will love your life a lot more!
22. Stand up for yourself. You don’t stand a chance if you allow yourself to be bullied. Let go of toxic relationships. Learn to stand up for your values.
23. Accept responsibility for your life. Stop playing the victim and take charge. Thus, take an active role in the steering of your ship.
24. Celebrate every occasion. Take the opportunity to celebrate every opportunity you get. Of course, many special holiday occasions have become commercialized over the years. But that should not stop you from enjoying the spirit of it. You can choose to celebrate it in a meaningful rather than an extravagant way.
25. Take up photography. Taking photos compels you to notice the many things around you. You stop to take in the details. You realize that there is much about life to behold.
26. Be big-picture. Don’t sweat the small stuff. See things from a bigger perspective.
27. Smile. When you smile at life, life smiles back at you. Smiling is a great way of lighting the world around you and generating a positive response in return.
28. Be spontaneous. It is easy to lose a sense of spontaneity when you are caught in habit patterns. Be spontaneous – seize the moment.
29. Go for your dreams. You will live in regret if you do not give yourself the chance of going for your dreams.
30. Change the size of your dreams. Avoid limiting yourself with a small dream. As best-selling author to the book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki, says, “If you want to change who you are, begin by changing the size of your dream. Even if you are broke, it does not cost you anything to dream of being rich. Many poor people are poor because they have given up on dreaming.”
31. Be successful. The more successful you are, the more likely you are to love your life. Success is a state of mind, rather than what you have acquired as possessions.
32. Surround yourself with loving people. Obviously, when you are surrounded by people who constantly put you down, it will be harder for you to feel good about yourself. Consider hanging around people who are positive, caring and compassionate.
33. Forgive your enemies. Avoid getting stuck in the past. Forgive your enemies and move on.
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
Lewis B. Smedes
34. Practice mindfulness Become more present by practicing mindful awareness over your thoughts, emotions and actions. You learn to stop old and limiting habitual patterns. You no longer react unwisely. Loving your life involves living wisely.
35. Stop complaining. When you complain, you are really focusing on your lack. You also blame others for the plight that you are in. It indicates your unwillingness to take responsibility.
36. Stop arguing. Peace arises when there are no more conflicts in your surroundings. Stop pointing fingers and pushing blame and you will find more love with the people around.
37. Exercise regularly. You become healthy and fit through regular exercise. You are taking care of your body. Great health, after all, is wealth.
38. Eat healthy meals. When you eat healthily, you naturally feel better about yourself. Eating junk food brings down your energy levels.
39. Stop addictions. Addictive behavior can rob you of vital life essence. Giving up on your addictions allows you to take charge. You are back in control.
40. Adopt self-care. Undertake self-care and love your life.
41. Do things that make you happy. Find out what activities makes you happy. Do more of these activities for more happy moments.
42. Cultivate a spiritual connection. For some, this means connecting with God or Jesus or Allah or Buddha. For others, it just means being in touch with your inner being. Cultivating a spiritual connection can bring more meaning into your life.
43. Fulfill your bucket list. Your aim is to check off as many items on your bucket list as possible. You check off each item upon its accomplishment. Find out more about bucket list here >>
44. Learn from your mistakes. So everyone makes mistakes. You are human after all. Rather than inflicting self-punishment, look at mistakes as learning experiences.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
– Oscar Wilde
45. Apply feng shui. Feng shui is a way of balancing the energies of you in relation to your environment. Apply feng shui to increase your abundance, love and wealth.
46. Connect with your intuition. Connecting with your intuition allows you to access an inner resource for empowered living.
47. Go on adventures. Here is good motto to go on: My life is one big adventure; I live it well.
48. Cultivate healthy relationships. Take time to cultivate healthy relationships. When your relationships are healthy, you discover that there is more love in your life.
49. Make your life an art. Make your life come alive by incorporating creativity. Introduce elements of beauty, style and design into everything that you are and do.
50. Be open to receiving. Do not be too quick to reject gifts and blessings, such as compliments, from others. Be open to receive to allow more abundance in your life.
51. Be authentic. It always pays to live with authenticity rather than wear a mask. When you are authentic, you are not putting up false appearances. You are not lying to yourself. You are feeling connected with your inner being.
52. Relax. Reduce stress by allocating time for relaxation. It is hard to love your life when you are constantly tensed.
53. Meditate every day. Meditating for 15 minutes a day can help reduce stress levels. You are better able to calm your mind. Being at peace lays the foundation for love.
54. Spend your life with that special someone. Your life is filled with love when you spend it with life that special someone who loves you for who you are. Your burdens are lighter because there is now someone to share them with.
55. Add more color into your life. Black may be classic but adding a dash of color can shift your energy. Consider updating your wardrobe with more color.
56. Get support from others. Life can appear dreary if you believe that you are all alone handling your problems. Learn to ask for help.
57. Begin each day with a fresh start. Start each day on a fresh slate. Don’t let what happened yesterday or in the past hold you back from living anew.
58. Rejoice often. Rejoice in being alive, well, and in abundance. Celebrate the start of a new day; it is another opportunity to learn, grow and love. Rejoice at the end of each day for having lived it well.
59. Create your own luck. As former President Thomas Jefferson once said, “I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have it.”
60. Embrace change. Nothing stays constant. When you embrace change, you learn to flow with life. You unstuck yourself from holding on to outdated patterns.
61. Let go of worry. When you let go of worry, you become more light-hearted. You are no longer weighed down by anxiety. Learn about detecting daily anxiety symptoms here.
62. Remind yourself with inspirational quotes. Consider reprograming your mind with constant positive reminders. Subscribe to the posts on my Facebook Page: Abundance Tapestry.
63. Live in the moment. If you are living in the moment, your mind is not in the past nor in the future. Being present allows you to live the moment fully.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
64. Take ownership. Instead of letting external events run your life, take charge. When you are responsible for your own happiness, you will find more ways to love your life.
65. Adopt the 80/20 rule. Focus your energies on what is important. Time is too short to spend on things that ultimately do not matter much to you. Live a life that matters.
66. Physically declutter. Holding on to too many things clutters up your life. A physical cleanse automatically allows you to feel lighter. You also gain increased clarity.
67. Have a buffet. Savor the various cuisines of different countries. Delight in the diversity of life through gastronomy.
68. Switch off the TV. There is more to life than just sitting on the couch and watching soap operas on TV whenever you are free. There are many suggestions in this article on what you can do.
69. Stop spending excessive time on Social Media. Being on Facebook or Twitter can be addictive. You can waste a lot of your precious time by checking up on your exes or enemies. Unplug regularly.
70. Go outside. Don’t stay cooped up in your house. Shut down your PC and go out in the rain or sunshine. Experience life.
71. Simplify your life. Avoid complicating your life by taking on more stuff that you can handle. Simplifying your life allows you the space to breathe.
72. Spend time with your children. Children are great teachers. They show you how to live in the moment fully. Spend time playing and having fun with them.
73. Get a coach. If you are going through a difficult period, don’t hesitate to hire a coach. A coach can provide the proper guidance for overcoming your challenges and facilitate some positive perspectives. Contact me if you need more information about coaching services.
74. Release your attachment. Pain can be inevitable at times but suffering is entirely optional. To be free of suffering, practice non-attachment.
75. Manage your finances. It can be hard to enjoy life if you are not able to meet your loan instalments. Live within your means and learn to manage your finances well.
76. Give yourself a treat. Don’t wait for the perfect moment to be happy. Give yourself treats along the way.
77. Cultivate new interests. Cultivating new interests puts you in touch with the options that life has to offer.
78. Have fun. Having more fun allows you to enjoy life. Tell jokes, play games and find creative ways to do things that are routine.
79. Overcome perfectionism. When you hold yourself to unreasonably high standards, you find it tough to relax and go easy on the self. You can still strive for excellence but do not allow your desire for perfection cripple you. Read more about overcoming perfectionism here.
80. Stop procrastinating. Don’t let fear hold you back from taking action.
81. Be a leader. It is time to step up the game. Instead of being a team follower, take on a leadership role. Becoming a leader stretches your comfort zone. However, the more you live in discomfort, the more you grow.
82. Live life on your own terms. It is time to stop seeking other people’s approval about things concerning your life. You need to know what your guiding principles are and live them accordingly.
83. Keep a balanced perspective. When you adopt a balanced perspective, you are less critical and judgmental. You become more loving and all encompassing. You also realize that there is a place for everyone.
“Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.”
– Gil Stern
84. Go on a hot air balloon. Take a scenic tour of planet Earth on a hot air balloon. You get a bird’s eye view of the magnificence of the world.
85. Go parasailing. Parasailing is an alternative to going on a hot air balloon. It can be lots of fun too!
86. Pay it forward. Pay it forward with a random act of kindness. You find life more meaningful because you are spreading love.
87. Spruce up. Spruce up and give your energy an uplift.
88. Gain knowledge. A thirst for knowledge keeps your brain active.
Beauty isn’t worth thinking about; what’s important is your mind. You don’t want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head.
– Garrison Keillor
89. Slow down. When you slow down, you see more. 100%.
90. Eat chocolate ice-cream. I don’t know anyone who does not love chocolate ice-cream. Then again, eat in moderation. Yummy!
91. Blow soap bubbles. Blowing soap bubbles may sound like kiddy fun but it conjures joy.
92. Fly a kite. Seeing your kite take off is like launching your dream.
93. Swing on a swing. Do you find yourself having a carefree feeling when you go on the swing in the playground? It is like you can reach the sky. I notice the exuberance of my daughter whenever she swings high. That carefree feeling, exuberance and laughter happens when you love your life!
94. Have a vision. Without a vision, it is possible to go around in cycles. Visioning helps you to bring your dreams of abundance forward.
95. Focus on what you want. Maintain your focus on what you want rather than what you do not. What you focus on, expands. Focus on the fact that you do love your life!
96. Review your life. Review your life experiences by looking through your photo album. You will realise that there have been many happy moments and things to be grateful about. And you love your life because of them!
97. Publish a book. Many people have the dream of publishing a book. Writing a book is meaning making.
98. Work smart. Find ways to working smart rather than working long. Look for ways to increase your productivity and efficiency constantly.
99. Develop compassion. Develop loving compassion both for yourself and for those around. You are being gentle. Love begats love. You eventually also discover that life is also gentle towards you.
100. Make an intent. Make the intent to love your life. Live according to the motto by Ashley Smith: “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
101. Cultivate abundance consciousness. When you cultivate abundance consciousness, you rest in the knowing that your life is and will be full. Because of the deep inner knowing, you love your life dearly.
Love Your Life Fully
I was once headed for depression. I could not cope with the stress of having quit a well-paying job, becoming a first time parent, not doing well in my ventures and having relationship issues all at the same time (I shared more about these in both my books, Abundance Alchemy and Self-Love Secrets). Luckily, I managed to pick myself up. It has been a major turnaround ever since.
My intention now is to love my life fully!
What about you? What has helped you love your life?
Author. Adventurer. Life Coach. More About Me.